Does this sound familiar? If you are a Bible reader, you know about the account of Gideon. When ask to perform a task by God he asked “If now I have found favor in Your sight, then show me a sign that it is You who talks with me.” Gideon went back two more times and asked God to perform different tasks so that he would know if what he was hearing was really God. (The Bible – Judges 6)
As I stated in our last conversation, there are so many people that have been in church for many years, faithfully attending weekly worship services. They love God and feel they have a relationship with God but don’t really know the voice of God for themselves. They don’t know if what they are hearing, sensing, or feeling is from God.
I know there have been many people that have “gone off” in what I call being “Flakey”, (Exhibiting eccentric unbalanced or irrational behavior.) believing they have heard from God. History is full of tragic scenes of misguided individuals saying they have heard from God.
In this season, you can no longer allow yourself to be held back, tormented, or confused about rather or not what you are hearing is authentic. Here are a few things I want you to take into consideration:
- When God speaks it is clear and complete
- When God speaks there is peace, a sense of calm and well being
- The purer your heart/motives the more God will reveal to you
- When receiving a Word from God for someone else get clear on God’s timing to release the word as well
- There is a big difference between reading ethereal energy and hearing a word from God
- Your Ego mind will try to lead you first with something false when it feels threatened
- God wants to use you to build up and comfort others
Refuse to go another year not knowing if what you are hearing, sensing, or feeling is from God. When you settle this for yourself, you will have more confidence to step out and take action on the direction you are receiving.